The Social Club building dates back to 1845, when it was built as a school by McDonald & Leslie of Dornoch. The present "L" plan appearance was added by Andrew Maitland & Son of Tain in 1885.
The school moved to Evelix Road (the present Primary School) in 1911, and the Schoolhill building was designated as a reading room and recreation place for the "men and boys of Dornoch" under the care of local Trustees. The rear extension containing the kitchen and toilets was added in 1979.
In 2012 DADCA purchased the building from the trustees on behalf of the community.
- Click to see information on Bookings & Rates for hiring the hall
- Click here to download a Booking Form - but please read the following information carefully.
If you intend to email your booking form to us you MUST save the downloaded file locally, then use Adobe Reader to fill out the file and finally email the saved file back to the booking secretary.
You cannot fill out this form in a web browser - it does not save the information.
- Click here to download our Events Organisation - Best Practice document
- Click to see information on Availability of the hall
- Click to see a copy of the Hall Layout
- Click to see information on Finding us
Many thanks to Denise Ferne for the archive information regarding the building history