Membership Terms and Conditions
1. Dornoch & District Community Association (DADCA) is a charitable company limited by guarantee registered with the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR).
2. The twin aims of the company are:- a. to promote the benefit of the inhabitants of Dornoch & District without distinction of political, religious or other opinions, by associating the Local Authorities, Voluntary Organisations and inhabitants in a common effort to advance education and to provide facilities in the interest of social welfare for recreation and leisure time occupation with the object of improving the conditions of life for the said inhabitants, and b. to secure the establishment, maintenance and management of a community centre for activities promoted by the Association in furtherance of the above objects, or any of them.
3. Membership of DADCA is open to :- a. All persons aged 16 and over who are resident in the IV25 postal district. b. A nominated representative from an affiliated organisation which caters for members of any age and whose objects are in accord with those of the Association. c. Persons under the age of 16 resident in the IV25 postal district, who may become Junior Members; such Junior Members shall not have the right to vote at meetings of the Association.
4. Membership subscription shall be set annually at the AGM and is currently FREE to all members and affiliated groups.
5. Any person who wishes to withdraw from membership shall sign, and lodge with the company, a written notice to that effect. Onreceipt of the notice by the company, he/she shall cease to be a member.
6. Any person may be expelled from membership by special resolution providing the following procedures have been observed:- a. at least 21 days’ notice of the intention to propose the resolution must be given to the member concerned, specifying the grounds for the proposed expulsion b. the member concerned shall be entitled to be heard on the resolution at the general meeting at which the resolution is proposed.
The full DADCA Articles of Association can be viewed here.
The Community Association comprises membership different categories.
Personal Members : FREE to anyone over the age of 16 who is normally resident within the Royal Burgh of Dornoch and District (nominally the IV25 postal district). Apply for membership here.
Junior Members : FREE to anyone under the age of 16 who is normally resident within the Royal Burgh of Dornoch and District. Apply for membership here.
Affiliated Clubs : Any Club or Organisation based or active in the Royal Burgh of Dornoch and District and whose objectives are in accord with the Association's may affiliate to the Community Association for Free! Apply for affiliation here.
Friends of DADCA : Free to anyone who wishes to support our aims and be involved in our projects who are not resident in the Royal Burgh of Dornoch and District. Contact secretary if interested.